NEWS

They are saving the 7-year-old girl who spent 17 hours to protect her little sister from falling apart after the earthquake.


The death toll from the earthquake in Turkey and Syria continues to rise, but among the horrors of the past few hours there is also good news. As time goes by, finding survivors becomes more difficult and every rescue is a joy, especially if it involves children. this tuesday, Two sisters remained under the rubble And although it took the rescue teams about 17 hours, they were finally able to get them out alive.

Pictures of the 7-year-old, who had been protecting her little sister’s head with her arm the whole time to prevent her from collapsing, have gone viral around the world. In a video, you can hear the little girl calling for help from rescuers, who are even offered as a slave if they help her out, though in some translations she may be a “friend.”

The video shocked the whole world Mourning nearly 10,000 dead Which Turkey and Syria already added after the earthquake. 45,000 people were injured, and the death toll is expected to rise.

Nearly 700 new earthquakes

The Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD), affiliated to the Turkish Ministry of Interior, indicated in a statement that so far 7,108 people have been confirmed dead in the provinces of Kahramanmaraş, Gaziantep, Sanliurfa, Diyarbakir, Adana and Adiyaman. Osmaniye, Hatay, Kilis, Malatya and Elazig, while the total number of wounded was estimated at 40,910.

Likewise, it specified that “after the first earthquake 648 other earthquakes were recorded, the largest of which was a 7.6 earthquake centered in the Grove,” before confirming that more than 96,600 clients, NGO workers, search and rescue teams and volunteers. Turkey has also established an air bridge to transport personnel and materials from Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir.

In this context, the government of Recep Tayyip Erdogan established the Crisis Management Center in the Ministry of Defense to “face this major disaster”, in order to transport personnel and the rescue team via an air bridge.

king Erdogan will travel during the day to the region to supervise search and rescue work, according to the Turkish Communications Directorate. “President Erdogan will go to the earthquake-affected area to follow up on the work closely,” he said in a brief message on his official account on the social networking site Twitter.

On Tuesday, the Turkish President declared a three-month state of emergency in the ten earthquake-affected provinces. “We are facing one of the biggest disasters not only in the history of the republic but also in the region and the world,” he said.

For its part, the earthquake left 1,250 dead and 2,054 injured in areas of Syria controlled by the authorities, according to data from the Syrian Ministry of Health, published on its profile on the social network Facebook. These data coincide with the governorates of Aleppo, Hama, Latakia, Tartous, and Idlib regions in the hands of government forces.

“We are in a race against time and are working to the best of our capabilities and with the cooperation of all parties,” said a statement issued by the Syrian Ministry of Health, indicating that the country’s executive authority has reviewed the emergency measures governing the situation.

See also  The EU threatens to freeze Spain's recovery funds until it details what it is being spent on

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button