Joan Mir is aware that his future in MotoGP is not safe yet

ASSEN – Suzuki Ecstar racer, Joan Mir, has not yet found a new team for MotoGP 2023. He also cannot relax because his future is not yet secure.

Suzuki had previously announced that it would leave MotoGP at the end of the 2022 season. This condition made Mir and Alex Rins have to find a new team to stay in MotoGP next season.

Mie witchcraft has been linked with Repsol Honda as a replacement for Pol Espargaro. However, the two parties have not yet reached an agreement regarding the reduced salary.

This situation makes Mir not safe. He was not able to predict his future in the transfer market drivers with current conditions.

“If I know the future, I can relax. But, at this time, I still don’t know,” said Mir, quoted from GPOne, Friday (24/6/2022).

“Of course, there will be many changes. In the end, the transfer market for drivers is chaotic,” he said.

Apart from going to Honda, Mir was also linked with Ducati and also Yamaha. The 2020 MotoGP champion thinks this situation is not ideal for him.

“First I was linked with Honda, then Yamaha, then Ducati. For now, there is still no clarity. If the manager doesn’t move soon, there will be jobless people without a seat.”

Leave a Reply