Leeds’ “Javi Gracia era” is history. Elland Road announced the dismissal of Spanish coach W Signed by Sam Allardyce.
“Leeds can confirm that Javi Gracia will leave the club after 12 matches. Zigur Arnaldi, Mikel Anta and Juan Solawho sat next to Nima, RThey too will leave the club. We thank Javi and his team for their efforts under difficult circumstances.”
Javi Gracia did not succeed, as happened this season with Jesse Marsch or the temporary trio consisting of Skubala, Armas and Paco Gallardo, in straightening the path of Leeds, fourth from bottom with the same points (30) as Forest, and third from last. . Former coach of Cadiz, Almeira, Osasuna, Malaga and Valencia, among othersHe managed 12 matches, 11 in La Liga, and scored three wins, two draws and seven defeats.
Javi Gracia’s farewell statement
- Grateful for the opportunity and proud of the working group, both the players and the coaching staff. This is how I would sum up my time at Leeds United. I was better again, but the circumstances are the current. We arrived on a short contract of three months, but we did it because we believed in the group. We think about possibilities and trust. And we know that is possible. We are not talking about miracles, but about achieving a job well done and a process of upward and continuous improvement.
- The coaching staff and I moved the team to the penultimate place, with a streak of ten matches without a win. Today, with 11 matches played and four matches left to finish the league, the team is out of relegation and has great chances of achieving its goal. It was a very difficult stage for many reasons. Huge schedule, injuries and a young but capable squad.
- However, we have managed to position ourselves better than our competitors and this is evident through the results. Compared to our direct competitors and since they hired us for those 11 matches, we’re the team with the most points – 11, in total – than our best competitors. I am sure that the team will achieve the goal. It is a committed and high quality workforce.
- I would like to give special recognition to the coaching staff (Zigur Arnaldi, Mikel Antia and Juan Sola). And also to the wonderful Michael Scopala, Willy Alonso, Marcus Abad, Jordan Davison, Matt Robertshaw, the medical staff, props, press team, and the rest of the club staff. Your help was invaluable. Thank you from my heart. And I don’t want to say goodbye without thanking Victor Orta for his confidence. Honest, loyal and committed to the club. Working with you was a pleasure. You and your team deserve the best that can happen to you.
- Last but not least, I want to recognize a great fan base that the team can rely on at all times. A fan who supports and encourages you and I know he will never give up. Best wishes to Leeds United and I sincerely hope you shine as you deserve.
- Affectionate hug.
- forever white.
Javi Gracia’s departure comes just one day after Leeds announced a farewell to Spain’s Victor Orta, who, as sporting director, has been building a return to the Premier League.
Leeds now entrust their salvation, with just four games to play, to a true ‘classic’ to the premier: Sam Allardyce. “He has officiated over 500 games and been on the bench for 29 years. He has a wealth of knowledge in the fight for survival, having led several of his previous clubs to salvation.”
Allardyce possesses a wealth of knowledge in the fight for survival, having led many of his former clubs to safety.
‘Big Sam’, as he is nicknamed, will make his debut on Saturday against Manchester City. Carl Robinson, former manager of MK Dons, Charlton and Oxford United to be his ‘right-hand man’.