HOW to read the correct car oil dipstick you have to learn. Because this will relate to checking your vehicle’s oil.
For those of you who often use a car, of course you have to pay attention to its condition. One of them is to pay attention to the condition of the oil. The reason is, oil is one of the important components in a car engine.
Definition of Dipstick
As previously mentioned, the dipstick is a tool used to check the oil. The shape of the head is a circle with a light color, such as yellow, red, or white and made of iron. You can use a dipstick to check car or motorcycle oil.
How to Read a Dipstick
How to read the correct car oil dipstick is actually easy. On a dipstick already written max and min indicators. Max for maximum and min for minimum. Or there is also a dipstick whose indicators are written F (full) and E (empty/empty).
If you put the dipstick in your car’s oil, you can see where your oil limit is. If the limit is in the middle of Min and Max, it means your oil volume is safe. However, if the oil is at the Min point, it means you need to add it again. Likewise if the oil is at the Max point, you have to reduce it.
Because, the car should not lack or excess oil. This will have a negative impact on the health of your car engine.
How to Measure Oil Using a Dipstick
Here’s how you can do it if you want to measure your car’s oil using a dipstick.
1. Make sure you have parked the car on a flat surface so that you can measure the oil more accurately.
2. Make sure the car is turned off. Because if it’s still alive, usually the oil is still attached to the engine and hasn’t all gone down.
3. Open the hood of the car and remove the oil stick.
4. After that, wipe the oil stick first and then dip it again. The goal is to make measurements more accurate.
5. After dipping for the second time, you can see where your oil level is.
That’s how to read the correct car oil dipstick. I hope this helps.